Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Data Body (Assignment 1)

A bit about me!
My name is Tamara Craft. I was born is Creston B.C and moved to Whitehorse Yukon at a young age. It was in Whitehorse where I grew up graduating from Porter Creek Secondary School before moving to Lethbridge for school. I am 21 years old and am currently in my fourth year majoring in social sciences. My three streams include anthropology, kinesiology and psychology. My plan is to graduate this spring with my B.A and go on to obtaining my B.Ed and become an elementary teacher. Outside of school I work as well as hang out with my friends as much as I have time to. I enjoy sports and generally take in a basketball or hockey game depending on which team is home.

Originally I chose to attend the U of L because of the reputation of the Education program, also because I have some family that lives here. I wanted to take this particular course because I really enjoyed the last new media course that I took and felt that I learned a lot. I also like taking courses that I enjoy as it helps make learning feel less like school and for me more beneficial. I hope to achieve new program skills and a wider understand of design. I feel that many aspects that I will learn in this class will be useful in my teaching career.
I personally don't feel that I am overly familiar with the various software programs. But I do believe that I tent to pick up on concepts quite fast. I believe that I learned a lot about Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Premiere last semester. I feel most confident with Photoshop but I am excited to learn more and discover new things. I personally don't have access to a digital camera or video, but I believe that I would be able to borrow one from the U of L library.

Interests:
on a daily basis I tent to visit the U of L website www.uleth.ca
and check my e-mail at www.hotmail.com.

Movies:
Pretty Women
Moulin Rouge
Empire Records

Books:
Tested by Fire ~ Kathy Herman
Sophies Heart ~ Lori Wick
The Negotiator ~ Dee Henderson

I don't have a favorite Magazine but tend to read 'People' and 'In Touch.'

No comments: