Sunday, March 11, 2007

Assign 7 process

For this assignment I choose to re-design a logo within the community. I did some research and found the Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization LSCO logo and thought that I could work with it to make some improvements. At first I was rather intimidated by the task as I felt unqualified to work on a logo that was currently being used. After talking with my professor and getting some design ideas I felt more at ease about the challenge. I found that the new style of logo I created is more graphic looking. It also seems to be easier to read and yet I still kept the aspect of the original logo that captured the essence of Lethbridge, specifically the train bridge.

I found the details of creating the piece, such as working with the various program tools, a challenge. I believe that at times I can be a perfectionist and it took a while to get the lines looking right. It was also rewarding to see the logo come together and see the areas of negative space shine through. Overall I am pleased with my final image and feel that I could learn so much more working through various assignments like this one.

No comments: