Monday, April 16, 2007

Creative Process Final Assignment

This assignment I really enjoyed. However it felt like two assignments in one and although I finished my assignments by the original deadline, I was grateful for the extension as it gave me a safety net. I also really felt like I could work on this assignment on my own because I was able to take all the lessons I learned this term and use them to create these final pieces. I did appreciate my professors input though. When something wouldn't look quite right he would come and give a suggestion that was right on and it would make the layout fit together so much better.

One of my challenges was working with color. I felt that the double page wasn't as hard to add color to but the cover was a real challenge. Overall I really like the way both of my final pieces turned out. I feel that there are many things about design that this class has taught me that I will remember in future assignments and projects. I also have realized now, that when I look at a magazine, the design of the page jumps out at me and I notice the layout and how artistic and time consuming it must have been for the designers to put the pages together. I am happy and excited that school is done and that I am graduating, but I also wish that I would have discovered new media sooner as I really have enjoyed these classes and this type of work.

No comments: